Skip to main content

Out My Studio Window....Mulie Buck

Out My Studio Window
Original Oil on Board by Marsha Lehmann
8x10
In Private Collection
This is an oil painting from a few years ago of a mule deer buck. We are close to the mule deer habitat and I've been very fortunate to be able to observe them up close...I've learned a lot about them, as well as wildlife in general...there's always so much more to learn, but
it's been very interesting- I have a large collection of photos of them. 

The mule deer in our area have had some rough years, with some very cold & snowy winters, so few fawns made it to yearlings, and I'm not sure how that affected the does and their pregnancies. We have had one easy winter, so hopefully their numbers will come back up.

This original went to an art collector in North Dakota who has quite a collection of several styles of art, I know it has a good home there. Rob found the shed for this guy that year as well, something we treasure.

Popular posts from this blog

The Shepherd

In Private Collection

Life In Full Bloom

Life in Full Bloom Original Oil on Board 36x48 plus framing Framing by Scott and Marisa at Backwoods Designs, Winnebago, MN (Marisa in photo with painting, ready to deliver to collectors) The detail photos are just quick low quality with my cell phone for now.

Halfway To Heaven - Mini Canvas - available at JP Frameshop

Mini Canvas available at JP Frameshop Signed and numbered Halfway to Heaven