Skip to main content

Bringing His Mares To Water- Bar Beaus Watch

Bringing His Mares To Water- Bar Beaus Watch


This is another image of Stearns Quarter Horses...it is a pencil drawing I did in 1992, the same fall that Don Stearns passed away, I felt bad he didn't get to see it. It is of their sorrel stud Bar Beaus Watch and his mares around the water tank on a hot day...same week as I took the photo for "Noseflies & Mud"...

It was fascinating to me, having always been around horses since I was small, I had never seen the studs with the mares and their interaction...their herding instincts...we did a small edition of this in print, was one of the first limited edition prints we published.

This fall I donated a large canvas of this with a bible verse on the bottom for the Badlands Ministries Bible Camp Lodge- it looks very peaceful there, perfect place.
"Bringing His Mares To Water"
Bar Beaus Watch
Pencil On Paper
by Marsha Lehmann
Artist Private Collection

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shepherd

In Private Collection

Life In Full Bloom

Life in Full Bloom Original Oil on Board 36x48 plus framing Framing by Scott and Marisa at Backwoods Designs, Winnebago, MN (Marisa in photo with painting, ready to deliver to collectors) The detail photos are just quick low quality with my cell phone for now.

Halfway To Heaven - Mini Canvas - available at JP Frameshop

Mini Canvas available at JP Frameshop Signed and numbered Halfway to Heaven