Skip to main content

"Christmas Brunch" - Mule Deer Doe and Fawn

This is an oil painting from last year - Christmas Brunch

This is a maternal painting...I felt so lucky to be able to get a photo of this actually happening...the doe walked in front of the wreath on our fence...made a little sound, a flick of her tail and here comes the little fawn running with tail in the air! She only let him nurse for a minute or two, very short...but just long enough for me to get a photo...I felt like I won the lottery! Since, I have only seen them attempt to nurse, have still not actually seen it. They must have rich milk, if they only nurse for a minute or two! God knew what he was doing....all in the design of safety I am sure.

We released this in prints last Christmas. 

Peg at JP Frameshop has one framed at her gallery.
Work In Progress


"CHRISTMAS BRUNCH"
OIL ON CANVAS
8X10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shepherd

In Private Collection

Life In Full Bloom

Life in Full Bloom Original Oil on Board 36x48 plus framing Framing by Scott and Marisa at Backwoods Designs, Winnebago, MN (Marisa in photo with painting, ready to deliver to collectors) The detail photos are just quick low quality with my cell phone for now.

Halfway To Heaven - Mini Canvas - available at JP Frameshop

Mini Canvas available at JP Frameshop Signed and numbered Halfway to Heaven